I am so thankful for my sweet girls and their husbands, who made an effort today, to make sure I knew that even though we were miles apart that they loved me! I'm thankful for the 5 precious grand babies that the Lord has given us and the baby that is on it's way. I'm also thankful for the 2 others that are waiting for us all in heaven!! Sometimes I remember how much I longed to be a part of "big family" when I was a little girl, and I know that God has given me the desires of my heart!! Then as if that wasn't enough, he blessed us with the opportunity to do it all over again!! Some days I will admit, is can be a little overwhelming. Sometimes doubts rise up in my heart. Yet as I've mentioned before, we KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that God did this! There really is no other way that it could have happened. I know that God only gives good and perfect gifts to his children! I know that his plans for us are the very best. So when I think I don't have the energy to finish the day...I just stop and remind myself that he doesn't call us to do anything that he doesn't equip us to do. Then he always sends those special moments our way, to lift us up and remind us that his ways really are perfect!! My sweet daughter praying and thanking God for "this family!" Matthew, saying, "I love you, Mom!" I got 3 very special hand made cards this morning. Both, Matthew and Carla worked very hard to make me beautiful, Mother's day cards, with pictures of our family.
Then there is Teddy, who wasn't too much into drawing pictures, but wrote me this letter. He really blew me away when I opened his card, and saw the time he had taken to write this out! Especially considering how much he hates to write! Here it is exactly has he wrote it...
"Happy Mother's Day, I'm so glad that you decided to adopt me. So that you could be my Mom. If you hadn't adopted me I wouldn't have met you and dad. Or my sisters or any of my family! And I wouldn't have got to do any of the fun fun things you do for me like going to the USA or playing games and everything. I'm glad your my mother and I'm your son. And it's good to know that I'll be your son forever and you'll love me for ever, no matter what. You are a great mother.
Love, Teddy"
I am so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment