Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

From the Kitchen...

I'm going to share 2 recipes I've gotten from friends recently and really love!!

First is Homemade flavored coffee creamer...I just LOVE the liquid coffee creamers you can get in the US, but alas, they are no where to found here in my neck of the woods.  So I was so excited to get this recipe.  Now, I don't know if it is a lot more economical to make than to buy...but if you live in the States and are interested you can check that out.  If you live in another part of the world like me, and they don't have it, here's and easy way to make your own!!!  This was shared with me by my friend Sarah. Thanks Sarah, I make it ALL the time!

Flavored Coffee Creamer
Pour 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, (not evaporated) into your blender.  Add 1 1/2 cups of milk, and the flavorings of your choice.  If you like the "French Vanilla" flavor, just add 1 tablespoon of vanilla to the blender...blend will and then pour into a container and store in the fridge.  You can experiment with different flavors.  I've added almond and Cocoa, and made a great "Swiss Chocolate Almond"...another of my favorites is to add 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon flavoring and 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla.  In the fall I mixed up some adding pumpkin pie spice.  If you use cocoa or powdered spices, you just need to be sure you shake it will before you use it, because they tend to settle on the bottom.  :-)

This 2nd recipe I just got a week ago, from my new friend, Deanne.  It's for Chai Tea Latte, there is a version for "instant", and if you can't get all the stuff for that, there's another mix to just add to a regular cup of tea. :-)  Thanks, Deanne, I'm really enjoying this!!

Instant Chai Tea Latte


2 Cups dry non-dairy creamer
1 1/2 Cup unsweetened tea mix
1 to 1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves

Mix till smooth and store in an airtight container.  Use approximately 3 tablespoons to a cup of hot water and/or milk.

Chai Tea Mix
1 to 1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon each of of cloves and ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon.

Mix well and store in an airtight container.

To make tea, steep 1 tea bag in about a half a cup(mug) of hot water.  Fill the rest of the way with hot milk, and add 1 tablespoon of mix.

I even did this with ice tea to make a cold drink and it was very good!!!  Just filled the glass half way with tea, then added cold milk and the mix.  Almost as good as my favorite Chai Tea Frappe that I love to get at Perks in Crossville, TN.!!!!




No comments: