This week we have a group visiting us from Battlefield Baptist Church. I have enjoyed getting to know them all better, and I have enjoyed cooking for them some. Yesterday for dessert, I made them one of my family's all time favorites. So I thought I would share the recipe with you. I got this recipe from a friend, years ago in Quito.
Frozen Mocha Cheesecake
24 Oreos, crushed
1/4 cup margarine, melted
combine and press into a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish. Chill
1 cup of whipping (heavy) cream, whipped and sat aside
8 oz of cream cheese, softened
14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup chocolate syrup
2 tablespoons of instant coffee
1 teaspoon of hot water
In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy, add milk and chocolate syrup.
In small bowl, dissolve coffee in water, (will be thick).
Add to cheese mixture. Mix well.
Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or overnight.
Garnish with additional cookie crumbs and/or chocolate syrup.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment