Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day with the Kids...

One of my favorite "school memories" as a kid was of our class Valentine Parties.  I always loved making Valentines for the kids in my class, and making our "mailboxes", to hold all our loot! It was always fun to read all the valentines and of course the candy was great, too! :-)

As a homeschool Mom living in a foreign country, where I don't have access to "co-ops" or even know other homeschooling families in my area, I am always trying to figure out fun ways, to let my kids experience just a little of those social events that, they might have the opportunity to enjoy in a different setting.

This week, we are taking a break from our normal school routine for a Unit Study.  I have these scheduled into our year once every term, so that while it's not actually a vacation, we do a lot of fun things and just change up the routine a little bit.   Our study this week is on Valentine's Day.  So far we learned a little bit of the history behind the holiday and some of the different symbols of the day.

Yesterday the kids spent some time making Valentines for each other and Tony and I.  We enjoyed a fun Valentine lunch, with homemade heart shaped pizzas, fruit and some great Valentine treats for dessert.  I also made a "goodie bag" for each of the kids with lots of "Valentines".  It was a lot of fun and totally worth the effort, when Carla walked into the dining room, and said, "Oh Mommy, it is sooo beautiful!!!"  :-)

Here are some pictures from our special Valentine's Day. :-)



Some of the kid's "Valentines".
Table is set and the bags are filled.  We're ready for our special lunch!


Carla 

Matthew

Teddy


Homemade pizza with fresh fruit salad.

Valentine Treats...Red Velvet Cup cake, strawberry "rice-crispy treat", chocolate peanut cluster, and cherry jello jiggler. 


No comments: