Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday

Hello Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful week-end and a great Sunday!

We had a wonderful Sunday School and Church service this morning. There were 22 ladies in class this morning. It was exciting to see this class start to build up again. We had 64 total in our School School hour and 80 in the church service.

Alfredo and Wilda Paredes invited us over for Dinner today after church. That was a great experience for Jonathan, who has been visiting us. I know that it had to be a little uncomfortable for him at times since he can't understand Spanish, but he did a great job of letting them know that he enjoyed himself! When you think about it during the week, please pray for Alfredo and Wilda's children, Lorena, Gabriel, and Javier. They are all great kids, but not really interested in spiritual things, or maybe it would be better put, "too busy" to be concerned about spiritual things.

This evening we had a teacher's meeting for those who have been teaching and those who would be interested in teaching in our children's classes at church. Please be praying with me, as we have several people who would like to work with our older children's class and others interested in working in the "nursery" but no one that would like to work with our 4 year olds - 1st graders. This is our largest class at this time, and the lady who has been working with them does an excellent job, but is expecting a baby in Oct, and has been having a few problems, so she needs to have a break from teaching for awhile. I really appreciate your prayers. I know that the Lord has someone that he is preparing for this this task.

Yesterday we took some time to do some "sight seeing" with Lexi and Jonathan. We drove a couple hours down the coast and stopped for lunch at a really neat "hosteria". Everyone really enjoyed the different scenery and the day out... well everyone except Teddy. He thought we were crazy for taking a drive, with no destination in mind! He told us about an hour into it, that he didn't know why we had to get in the car and drive so far, when the beach was really close to our house! :-)

Wednesday evening we will be flying up to Quito. We want to do a little sight seeing there with Jonathan before he and Lexi fly back to the US on Friday morning. Tony, Teddy and I will be flying back to Manta Friday afternoon. Please pray for safety as we travel and for grace as we say our "goodbyes".

Thank you for your prayers for our family and for the ministry here in Manta!
God Bless!
Joy

No comments: