Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Monday, July 2, 2007

Happy Birthday America!

Well, it is almost July 4th. We will probably have a quiet day here at home. I am thinking we will grill hot dogs and hamburgers. Not really sure what else. There aren't any firework shows to go to but maybe we will see some on TV. :-)

We had a great day at church Sunday. There were 65 in Sunday School and 84 in the church service. We had 7 first time visitors in church! It was very exciting to see people so happy because their friends that they had invited came to church! We also had 2 teen girls come to church that we had met at the park while the group from KC was here.

There are a lot of things planned for the coming weeks. Next Sunday evening we will be having a meeting for all our Sunday School Teachers and those interested in working with the children. We are also going to be celebrating the Lord's Supper on the 8th. Lexi and Jonathan will be here until the 13th. We will be taking them to Quito to fly out. We hope to get the Sunday evening Youth Group started up again on the 15th.

We are also in the process of raising money to purchase the property for our church. We will be making that purchase in mid-August. Please be praying with us as this time draws closer.

Here at home, I am staying busy too. I started Home Schooling Teddy this morning. I know it is early, but we decided to go ahead and get started because we have several trips planned this year, and by starting now, we not have to be so pressured to get finished by May next year. I really do enjoy working with him. We are working hard to get into a structured schedule and stick to it as much as possible. I have also promised Lexi that I would help her make a "duvet cover" before she leaves, so that will be something we will get to work on this week.

Today, Tony took Lexi and Jonathan to Guayaquil, to see some of the sights. They left here about 7:30 this morning, and Teddy and I expect them to get back home around 6:30. I have heard from the 3 times already. They seem to have been having a really good time.

I pray that each of you have a great week, serving the Lord, where he has placed you!
Joy

No comments: