Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Family news...

Sometimes I just add this in with the weekly updates, but then it makes the post rather long, so I decided to just make a separate post this week.

What we are hearing from Korea...

Mandie and Mike are doing well. Mike enjoyed having last week off for vacation, and they were able to visit some of the tourist sites around. From what we hear the biggest "find" was an "Uno's" restaurant. If you aren't familiar with "Uno's" it is a pizza/Italian food restaurant. Although they say it was a little pricey, it seems to be worth it for a special treat. Also right up there was a bookstore with a large selection of English books! If you know my daughter at all, you know that was a huge deal. Actually it was a big deal to both of them! In service for the teachers at their school starts Aug. 9. Mike is also working on getting everything in order for this years audit. I know that he would really appreciate your prayers. Everything seems to be going well for Mandie and the baby at this point. Thank you so much for your prayers for them!

News from Springfield...

Ashley is doing well. Keeping very busy working full time at the nursing home. She and Shane are teaching the 3 year old Sunday School class at their church and loving it! Ashley is checking into taking some nursing classes at a community college in the area along with her courses at BBC this fall. She is also starting to plan a wedding! Looks like we are looking at June. Not sure I am ready for another one of these, but with 3 girls, what can we expect, right?! She has had some problems with the van, so we are praying at this time, that she will be able to nurse it along for a little longer. Please keep her in your prayers.

News from Kansas...

Lexi is getting settled in with Tony's sister and her family. She has applied at just about every place there is to apply for a job. We know that God has the perfect job for her. Please pray with us that she will find something soon. She will start classes the end of August. This move is a big adjustment for Lex. I know that she would really appreciate your prayers for her as she settles into a new place... new church, new college, new job... Pray with us that God would not only supply a good job for her, but also bring some good friends into her life during the next weeks. Pray too, that she would be a great influence on her little cousins, as I know this is important to her too.

Teddy Boy...

Teddy is our non-stop bundle of energy and joy. He goes from the time his eyes open in the morning until he falls asleep, (usually talking! :-) at night. We are into our 4th week of school and he is doing pretty well. Of course anytime you ask an "on the go" boy to sit still it is not easy, but he is adjusting to it and learning more everyday. He is very close to reading and I know that as soon as we start in a couple weeks, he is going to catch on and run with it. This week I asked him what his favorite foods were, his answer, "French Fries, Broccoli, hot dogs, apples, and grapes..." How many 5 year olds do you know that Broccoli would make it 2nd on their lists of favorite foods? Don't worry he loves candy and cookies too!

We are looking forward to my parents visiting us in a couple weeks. This is the first time Mom and Dad have made it to Ecuador since Mandie was a junior. Of course we have been back to the US many times during this last years. We are excited that they are going to get to come and see what it is like here in Manta.

Thank you so much for your prayers for our family and our ministry here. We really do appreciate you!

God Bless!
Joy

No comments: