Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Friday, July 27, 2007

Seeing God's Hand...

It is such a joy to me to see God working in the lives of people around us! It is a thrill to be able to be used by the Lord to make a difference in someones life. It is easy for me to get so busy in "doing" the work... that I forget to step back and watch for God's leading.

Today I had the opportunity to start discipleship classes with my friend Elizabeth. She stopped by to see us this week and asked us what she needed to do to be a part of our church. Please pray for her. She accepted Christ a couple years ago. Pray for the salvation of her husband, Mike.

9 ladies attended the Ladies Bible Study at church this afternoon. It was a great time fellowship for everyone, along with studying God's word. It is such a blessing to see how much these ladies are growing and how much they desire to serve the Lord.

I am also meeting with another young lady, once a week. She is a very young, single mom, who faces many challenges in her life. Right now she desperately needs to find a part time job. Please pray for Lorena, that the Lord would provide her with a decent job and also that she could continue to grow in her walk with him.

Another way we saw God working in our lives this week, was in providing a good job for our youngest daughter, Alexis. This is a wonderful answer to prayer for her. She has great hours... working from about 2:30 -7:30, and the pay is decent. She is thrilled and we are too!

Other prayer requests that we have...

Pray for the rest of the funds to come in to purchase the property. The closing date has been set for Sept. 1.

Pray for membership classes that Tony will be presenting at the church the next two Saturday evenings. We are getting ready to formally organize the church and these are important classes for those interested in joining our church.

Pray for our children's ministry. We have several new people who will be involved this next semester.

Pray for our family...

our girls are all 3 in different places. Mandie and Mike in South Korea, Ashley in MO. and Lexi in KS. Pray with me for protection for each of them and wisdom to know God's will for the coming decisions they each will be facing in the their lives. Pray that Tony and I will have wisdom to know how to be supportive and involved in their lives from thousands of miles away.

Teddy is doing great with homeschooling. We just finished week 4. Please pray that we will stay consistent in this. Pray that God will protect him and keep him strong and healthy.

Tony and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2 weeks! Praise the Lord with us for the 25 years he has given us together. What a blessing it is to be married to your "best friend"!

Thank you so much for your prayers and concern for our family and ministry here in Ecuador!
God Bless You!
Joy

No comments: