Have your heard the song, Trust His Heart ? The chorus says, "God is too wise to be mistaken, God is too good to be unkind, When you don't understand, when you can't see his plan, when you can't trace his hand, Trust His heart."
I have been teaching a Ladies Bible Study at church. We are using Beth Moore's book, Jesus the One and Only. Last week, she asked the question in the book, "Do you believe that God is sovereign?" Then she asked, "Do you believe God is also sweet?" (kind, loving, good) Anyway that brought the above song to my mind. Isn't it wonderful that not only do we have a sovereign God, who we can trust, because we KNOW He is in control, but He also LOVES us!
Sometimes as parents we have to "ask" our children to do things that they don't really want to do... unpleasant things... maybe it's get a shot from the doctor, or take "yucky" medicine because they are sick. We do these things because we love them. We don't get any joy out of watching them suffer or go through these things, but we know that it is for their good. It is what is best for them... Well, I love each of my children beyond words! Many of you know how much I have struggled adjusting to the girls being gone, not just gone, but so far away, too. Well, as much as I love them... It doesn't even come close to how muchGod loves them or how much He loves each one of us! That is pretty hard to comprehend!
This week, I am going to ask you to be praying for me. I am excited about our trip to Quito. The opportunity to visit with friends and just the change of pace for our family. But along with the good things... Just pray that I will allow God to be incontrol of my attitudes, my heart and especially my mouth! :-) I know that He never allows anything without a purpose!
Thanks for letting me share my heart with you!
Joy
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you. Just checking your comment process out. Tony
Post a Comment