Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Update...

This has been a busy week for our family. On Tuesday we sold our 1993 Ford Explorer. That was definitely an answer to prayer, but it has also made getting around this week a little trickey.

Wednesday evening was our 6th week for our CODA meetings, (small groups). There were about 30 total meeting together in 2 different homes. We will have a couple weeks break and then start them again, possible in different homes. Pray as we seek wisdom about when and where to add meetings.

On Thursday morning Tony met with a local pastor who is also an architect. They viewed a few different pieces of property, and also looked at some small church buildings he has built. Friday morning, we went with the man from our church who bought the Explorer to get the contract notorized and all taken care of offically. Friday afternoon, Tony went out with Darwin, from our church to look at some more property. Saturday afternoon, was our weekly Ladies Bible Study. We had 8 ladies attend yesterday. Then last night Tony and I met with Luis and Melanie to start their premarital counseling. That is exciting. They are planning their wedding for June 16.

This morning we had 61 in Sunday School and 72 in church. We had 3 first time visitors in the church service. Our new youth class, which is from kids in 7th - 9th grade is growing. They had 5 this morning.

Tomorrow morning Tony and Ashley will be trying to get her visa extended for another 90 days. Then in the afternoon we are all suppose to fly up to Quito. We will be visiting with Glenn and Sherri McGhee, and also shopping for a good used car. Please pray for safety as we travel and that God would lead us to the exact car he has for us. We are hoping to be driving it back to Manta on Thursday or Friday.

Other prayer requests would be for God's leading in finding and purchasing property for our church. Many people in our congregation have been dealing with sickness. I am still trying to get completely over some virus/cold. Teddy has been having problems with another tooth. He has been on antibiotic again, and visiting the dentist a couple times a week. We are praising the Lord for giving us a good dentist and for helping Teddy to handle all of this very well.

Thank you for praying for us!
Joy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy,
What a great idea you have going here and I am excited for you...plus the fact it looks like I am the first one to put a comment on your site.

I think it is wonderful that you have done this. (you go, Girl!) I really enjoyed reading about your family as well as what has been going on in your lives lately. I know that God is truly using you and your hubby in a marvelous way in Ecuador. You are so blessed.

I'll sign off for now, but have a blessed week!

Sarafaye Griswold
Columbia, TN