Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Here, There and Everywhere...

We left our temporary home in Florida on Sunday afternoon, March 12, and headed on an adventure.

Monday afternoon we arrived at the home of long time friends in Spartanburg, SC.  It was such a joy to spend time catching up with the Blantons.  We met them for the first time, just a couple months after we arrived in Ecuador, and they have been close family friends ever since!

Tuesday evening found us in Madison, VA, spending the night with our friends, Tim and Lori Duggins.  Their daughter, Megan,  was on Spring Break, so it was great to get to have a little time with her, too.

Wednesday, we headed up to Lancaster, PA, to spend a few days with the Blevins.  Cindy is from the church in New Jersey where I grew up, and is the closest to a sister, I have. :)  The exciting thing about traveling to PA, was that they had just had a "nor'easter" just come through and got about 2 feet of snow on Tuesday evening!!  We enjoyed some quiet days resting and visiting with them.  It was wonderful to get to see their grown children, and meet their new grandson, Ezra!

Another great surprise and highlight of our trip to PA, was that we had a "back-stage" tour of the Sight and Sound theater, which was super interesting, and then we were surprised, with tickets to see the Jonah Show!  It was amazing!!  What a wonderful gift to our family.

On Monday, March 20, we said, "good-bye" to our friends in PA and headed back to VA.   Tuesday, the 21st, our daughter, Carla, had her cardio check-up, at UVA medical center in Charlottesville. What a blessing to hear her doctor say, she is doing great!!  We are praising the Lord for all he has done in her life.  During our week in Madison, VA, we enjoyed catching up with friends.  Visiting a farm, and also seeing Tad Coffin Performance Saddles being made, and learning what all goes into it and why.  It was super interesting.

While we were there, I had the opportunity to join the Ladies Bible Study, from Mountain View Chapel.  My friend Lori, gave me the study book, to follow along, and I started the most amazing Bible Study, I have done in a long time.  The Armor of God Study, by Priscilla Shirer.  I have done lots of studies and they have all blessed my life in one way or another, but this one definitely is up there with the best of them.  I don't know why I am surprised, when God brings things into my life, at the perfect time, to teach me what I need to learn.  Many times, when I didn't even know I needed to learn it! ;)

Now we are back in Florida.  The kids just finished their week of spring break, although, I'm sure Teddy and Carla, would argue that point with you, since both of them spent time during their break participating in the standardized achievement testing going on at the Christian School.  We are looking forward to Easter and celebrating the resurrection of our Savior!!  Time is flying by.  We will be making a trip the first of May for 10 days to visit family in Ohio and Missouri.  When we get back home around the 10th, we will just have about 2 weeks, before we make our move back to Tennessee for June and July!  During these days, I am enjoying every minute with 2 of the grandkids that live nearby!!

Right now our plans are to spend 2 months in Tennessee and head back to Ecuador early in August.
Thank you for your prayers for our family.

No comments: