Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life is certainly never boring, is it?  This we I had the opportunity of having the deacon's wives over for a Tea on Friday afternoon.  That was a lot of fun.  I enjoyed preparing for it and hosting it.  It was also a great time to just share and get them to start thinking and dreaming about ministry opportunities that we have.  Please keep this a matter of prayer as we work together to get some new ministries off the ground.   You know it is always easy to dream, but it becomes more difficult to put you feet to your dreams. ;-)

Yesterday afternoon was our monthly Ladies meeting.  We had about 24 attend and had a wonderful time of fellowship and prayer together.   It was encouraging to see one of our ladies give the devotion for the first time.  Nelly was very nervous, but she did a good job.   It was also neat to hear all the ladies praying when broke off into groups of 2 and shared our concerns and hearts with one another and took those to the throne of grace. 

It always amazes me how God can take imperfect people and use them to bring and honor and glory to him if they are just willing to surrender to him.   This morning we had about 30 ladies attend the morning Bible Study.  We were studying lesson 4 in our series of Biblical Principals of Discipline.   We ended up with 121 in church this morning.  We are looking forward to moving down to the auditorium space soon!

I have a special request for you this week.  It has come to our attention that the behavior and attitude of the wife of our "care taker" at the church, has not been what it should be.  Tony talked with her yesterday and her response was not one of repentance and acceptance of responsibility for any of the words or actions.  This evening Tony has a deacon's meeting and afterward  will be talking to both the caretaker and his wife.  I would ask you to be praying for wisdom and discernment on Tony's part and on the part of our leaders.  Also that God would soften her heart.  Above all please pray with us, that this would not harm God's work here. 

Thank you so much for your prayers for our family and for the ministry here in Manta!  We are so thankful that we have the opportunity to serve God here. 

Blessings,
Joy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did it go talking with the lady? I prayed about it.

Joy said...

Thanks for your prayers! Things went pretty well. We're still praying and working with them. But so far so good. :-)