Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Monday, March 7, 2011

Let the Little Children Come....

We've had an incredibly full week, but then most weeks are, right?!  On Wednesday night we started our VBS.  We had a good number of kids turn out and more adults to help than we knew what to do with.  What an awesome problem to have.  I had helped organize it and get the material, etc.  but when it came to running the program, my only job was taking pictures!  It's really neat to see the people take ownership of things and put them into action!    We averaged about 50 children each evening.   Our main Sunday School teachers took the responsibility of teaching their classes, with some extra help.  Tony handled the opening, which included a song, and usually a little game or something that involved the kids.  Then after their classes they came back upstairs and for the closing time, about 6 men in the church had worked the class time, with Tony to put together a skit that dramatized the story they had that night.  The guys did a great job.  They had a lot of fun and the kids remembered the lessons! 

We had word that a few children accepted Christ.  On a personal note Matthew prayed to ask Jesus to forgive him of his sins and save him, in his class, Wednesday night!   We have talked to him about it a few different times, and he always tells us the same thing, so I think he really did understand what he was doing.  I would ask you to pray with us that Carla would come to know Jesus as her Savior.  I asked her when I was putting her to bed, if she had ever prayed and asked Jesus to forgive her of her sins and be her Savior and she told me, No.  She wasn't ready to do it yet.  So just pray with us, that as she keeps learning more and more, that she would understand her need for Christ.  

We had a great day yesterday!  All the Children were in the service, for the opening.  Each class presented a song and a verse for the parents.  Then we sang all the songs we had song during our VBS week.  It was fun. The guys who had helped with the skits and music all week,  helped with the music. 

Thank you for your prayers for our ministry and for our family.  It is exciting to see what the Lord is doing here in Manta, Ecuador! 

God Bless!
Joy

No comments: