I may have mentioned this on here before, because this is something that I thought about before, but was reminded of it again today while reading through the gospel of Luke.
I was reading today about Jesus feeding the 5,000 with the 5 loaves and 2 fish. You know, after he was handed the lunch, he turned and told them to have everyone sit down in groups...still just holding 5 loaves and 2 fish...then he lifted his eyes up to heaven and blessed the food...still just holding 5 loaves and 2 fish...then he broke the bread, and started passing it out.
Now I know that he was/is God, but he was also man. Think about it...there he was in front of over 5,000 people, basically telling them to get ready for lunch, and all he had in his hands was 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. Yet he had such communion and faith and God to take that step...prepare everyone to eat, and thanked God in heaven for what he was going to do.
We are called to act on faith. To step out, before we can see the end result. That's not always easy. Sometimes it just involves me and maybe a few people close to me, but sometimes it's out there in front of a lot of people.
So what do you think? Are you ready to step out by faith? Trusting the outcome to the Lord?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment