Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving is coming!

Since last I posted, I celebrated my birthday...it was very nice. 26 ladies from the church, came to the house and "surprised" me with a party. It was very nice. A special treat was that Zonia came too! That was an extra special blessing to me. We had a great time singing and and visiting together.

We have made progress on the building...well, the big machines have showed up and started leveling things...we had a surveyor come and start his work. Next we need to get some fill added, but things are moving along. We need to have something that we can meet in, by the end of June, as our lease at our present apartment is up and the owner has told us that he will want the house back.

Last Friday was our last Ladies Bible Study in the series were were doing. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and talked about what a blessing the time had been to them. The ladies are now working on preparations for our "Ladies Day" the 29th. Please be praying with us as we work on the final plans. We have about 60 ladies signed up to attend. Please pray that those who have committed to come will follow through.

Sunday we had 87 in church. That was down from the week before, but many people were sick or out of town. Please pray for the growth and faithfulness of these new Christians.

We are getting excited here in the Anzalone house about Thanksgiving. I have to say that it is one of our favorite holidays. We have decorated the house. Bought all the "extra" goodies to cook and bake the traditional feast. We are cleaning out and sprucing up the house for company. In the middle of all this "busyness" we are taking some extra time to talk about what the holiday means, and think of things that we are thankful for. This year, we added a paper turkey to the door between our kitchen and dining room and are adding "thankful feathers" to it. We have even enlisted our daughters and son-in-laws in the the US to participate with us, by sending us things they are thankful for so we can add feathers for them. Teddy is getting into the whole thing!

I pray that you have a wonderful holiday, whether you are near or far away from your family...may you find many reasons to count your blessings and give thanks to the Lord!

God bless you!
Joy

No comments: