Life is running along non-stop these days. The ladies are getting very excited about our special day the end of the month. On Wednesday I met with the 3 leaders of our Ladies Groups and everything is going forward. We have about 50 ladies already signed up to participate! Of course all of those aren't "paid" yet, so the actual attendance could be less, but it is encouraging to see so many excited about this event.
The Friday Bible Studies have continued to be well attended. This past Friday, I was sick, so Tony went and taught the class. That was a unique experience for both him and the ladies! :-) This Friday will be our last study in this series.
There is a group of ladies that continue to take turns teaching the Ladies Sunday School Class. They are doing a great job and I have enjoyed seeing them "try their wings".
The Children's classes continue to go well. We are excited to be getting ready to start our 4th quarter for this year. The Lord has given us a great group of teachers for this ministry and I am very thankful for that.
This month we need to make plans for the Children's Christmas Party. Please pray as we work on planning the program for this special event. The groups that go to Travesia to minister are also in the midst of planning their Christmas program. It is also time to start collecting cookies and candy to make the "navidad" bags, (goodie bags) to hand out the children at the parties.
After seeing how well the groups have worked in the Ladies ministry, the men have decided this is something they should put into practice. So they are in the process of getting this ministry strated too. Also they have decided that the women are having too much fun, with all their Bible Studies and "special days", so they are planning an activity for Saturday the 22nd. Please keep these ministries in your prayers.
This morning we had 115 in church! I have to tell you the place was packed! There were 99 uspstairs on the teraza! I honestly don't know where we would have put many more. We had about 10 first time visitors! What an exciting sight to see. Tonight was our last class on Child Discipline. We also had a meeting with the Leadership team afterwards.
This coming week, we have much to do. Please continue to pray for Zonia and her family in these days, as she continues to battle cancer. Please pray for Maria Jose and I as we finish up the next quarter of Sunday School material and get it copied and ready to hand out Sunday. Pray for Tony as he works with the different areas of ministry...pray for progress with the building. Pray for Teddy and I as we do school.
Thank you for your interest in our family and the ministry here in Manta. We appreciate your prayers for us!
God bless you as you serve him this week!
Joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment