Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Monday, July 14, 2008

Home at Last...

Sorry for the delay in posting on here. We arrived back in Ecuador on Tuesday night, July 8. Our flights were all on time and everything went very smoothly. All of our luggage arrived with us, and that is a first in several trips, so we were very thankful!

On Wednesday we took the mid-day flight to from Quito to Manta, and arrived here about 1:30. There was a small group waiting to greet us from our church and that was a blessing. We arrived at our house a little after 2:00pm.

The next couple days were spent unpacking and getting things organized here at home. Saturday we went to have lunch with Alfredo and Wilda and had a good visit with them. We also had the opportunity to visit with Zonia, who many of you know has been battling cancer. She is very frail and has not had the opportunity to be out at church from some time, but she was praising the Lord and was such a blessing to be able to spend a little time with her. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Sunday was a great day for us at church! Tony and I enjoyed teaching our classes again. It was such a blessing to hear the testimonies from different people of how the Lord had been working in their lives. It was also very humbling to feel so appreciated and missed. Tony did a great job of preaching. After the service they had a meal. So everyone stayed and had a great time of fellowship. There were 4 first time visitors Sunday and at total of 112 in the church service.

Tony will start meeting with a young man this Tuesday evening to have discipleship classes. Please pray for him. Also pray as I work on preparing some material to present a 4 or 5 week teacher training seminar.

Today was the first day of 1st grade for Teddy! I had planned to wait and start next week, but he was very excited about starting and so we went ahead today. I had thought to take it slow this first week, but he pretty much breezed through everything, so I guess we are just diving in! I know it probably sounds really early to most of you, but with the trip back in December/January for Lexi and Jonathan's wedding, it will work out better if we have a head start with school. :-)

Our life is full and we are excited about all the Lord is doing here! Thank you for your prayers for us, for our family and for the ministry the Lord has given us here in Manta.

God Bless you!
Joy

No comments: