Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Webster's says a friend is "someone whom one knows and likes." That seems to fall so short of the description I would give to Tim and Debbie Gunter, friends from Bible College. After getting married just a month a part, having each of our children within a few months of each other (except for the last couple!) both working on staffs at churches in the same city early in our ministries, and then God called Tony and I to Ecuador, and Tim and Debbie to Florida to start a church. From that time, Tim as been one of our "supporting pastors".

We have enjoyed a few days of just "hanging out" and fellowshiping with them. They also made it possible for us to take Teddy to Disney World's Magic Kingdom. What a "magical" day that was! We had so much fun seeing it all through Teddy's eyes!

This morning we participated in the service here at "Crown Point Baptist Church". God is blessing and we had a great time getting to know some of the people that God has allowed Tim and Debbie to minister to here.

This evening we are heading back over to Altamonte Springs, where we will have the opportunity to present our work to the "Palm Springs Drive Baptist Church". We have so many friends there! That is where Tony and I worked right out of Bible College. They took us in, and became our "family!" Loving us and ministering to us. We have many special memories from those days.

Tomorrow morning we will be packing up our car and heading back north. Our plans at this point are to stop in Tennessee at my parents for a few days... unpack, do laundry, re-pack... then we suppose to be heading to Springfield, MO. There we will be spending Mother's Day with our daughter, Ashley, and have the opportunity to be present for her graduation from Baptist Bible College.

Thank you so much for your prayers for our family as we travel around the US, and also for the work in Manta. We continue to hear great updates from the church there. God is blessing! The young people are becoming more involved. The ladies are enjoying fellowship time together, and we have 5 men who made the trip to Santo Domingo last week to attend a Men's Retreat.

Have a wonderful week, as you serve the Lord where he has placed you!
God Bless!
Joy

No comments: