Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Friday, May 25, 2007

Heart to Heart

Do you ever have times when you realize that the ability to do the little, everyday, mundane things of life is truly a blessing? These last couple days have been an adventure to say the least. One moment I was walking across the sidewalk to get into a taxi and the next minute I was lying flat on my face in the street...

Thankfully, I must have strong bones, because nothing seems to be broken, but I have to say that I am very sore. One knee is stiff and my arms hurt... Getting around and just doing the simple things like getting dressed have taken quite a bit of thought. My the swelling in my knee is going down, and today was better than yesterday, but this has made me think... so often I take these little things for granted... I never stop to think how much the Lord has blessed me that I can walk around today, or that I can get dressed without thinking a lot about it, or walk upstairs, or even cook dinner.

My son, Teddy, is always saying, "Thanks for cooking dinner, Mom!" "Thanks for fixing drinks, Dad!" He usually goes around the table and finds something to thank everyone for. We spend so much time trying to teach our children to be grateful, but I wonder if sometimes I forget to express my gratitude to the Lord? I mean, I seem to remember to do that for the "big answers", but what about for just the blessings of the everyday? Thank you, Lord for a bed to sleep in. Thank you Lord, that I can walk without pain. Thank you Lord, that there are flowers growing in my yard. Thank you Lord, for nice clothes to wear. Thank you Lord, for food to cook. Thank you Lord, for clean air to breathe.

No comments: