Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I pray that each of you Moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! I got a beautiful e-card from Mandie, a very sweet email from Lexi, and Ashley and Teddy brought me breakfast in bed, I got a special "homemade" card from Teddy and a nice present from them.

Last week, was very busy as I prepared for the special Reception for all the ladies at 9:30 yesterday morning. We had 42 ladies present for the reception. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. It was a blessing to see their enjoyment! It made all the effort worth it! :-) I served, fresh fruit salad, mini cinamon rolls and mocha bars. We also had tea, coffee or juice to drink. Ashley helped me make the mocha bars. We did all the baking Saturday morning, so things would be fresh. Ashley was also a big help at the reception, keeping all the serving platters full and hot water and juice ready. I am so thankful for her and her hard work.

Then in the preaching service we had one of the men give a special reading in honor of Mother's day and another sang 2 specials. We also recognized all the mothers, (there were 35 present in the church service). After church we took pictures of each of the mothers with her family. Next week we will hand out the pictures.

The children also made special cards for their mothers during Sunday School. We ended up with 90 in Sunday School and 99 in church.

No comments: