It’s been a long time since I posted on here. Life has thrown us a lot of curve balls during the last 6 months. I am planning to write a series of posts to catch everyone up on what has been going on in our lives… I hope you will pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea and enjoy the “visit.”
On August 8, 2013, we arrived in Washington, DC, at Reagan National. As we exited the gate area, and passed the security lines, we were surprised to see 2 of our daughters and 4 of our 7 grandkids waiting for us!! We were thrilled to have them greet us. I was quite impressed that they had braved the 7 hour trip without their husbands and with 4 children, ages, 4, 3, 2 and 9 months!! Not long after getting lots of hugs from them, we were met by Pastor Tim, his daughter Megan and one of the men on their leadership team, Tom.
We gathered luggage, got to the cars, decided how everyone would travel, and then headed out of the airport for the trip to Ruckersville. I will admit to being very excited BUT also exhausted, as we had traveled on one of the overnight flights out of Ecuador.
We stopped for lunch at Chick-fil-A. That was a nice treat for us. The rest of the trip went really slow. I will admit to a little bit of impatience, as I was really tired and I was just hoping to get to the house we would be staying at and being able to rest… What I didn’t know, is that people from the church were planning to gather at the house around 5:00pm, to welcome us and so the trip was being “delayed” to give everyone time to get in place. :)
When we pulled into the house, it was AMAZING!! There were balloons on the mailbox. People were holding balloons and pom-poms. There were signs welcoming us “home”. Lots of hugs and laughter. They showed us through a house, totally furnished, even with toys and books on the shelves. The kitchen was stocked the refrigerator full, and there was a deep freeze in the garage full of hamburger and beef! Before everyone left, Pastor Tim gathered everyone in the “family room” and we held hands and prayed together.
That first week-end is pretty much a blur in my mind. In fact, Tony and I had lost a day, as we were going around on Saturday, thinking it was Friday! Thankfully we realized our confusion before we actually missed Church on Sunday. :)
We spent the week-end hugging on our girls and grandbabies. Settling in to the house. We were blessed to be able to be at Sunday Services at Mountain View Chapel. They loved on us and prayed for us. Everyone was so excited that we were finally here!!
I have to say at this point, that we were also very blessed and relieved to just finally be in the States. It had been a long time in the coming and it was just a relief to have finally gotten the visas and to have made the trip “home”.
No comments:
Post a Comment