Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Vacation!!!

The kids and I are happy to be on "summer vacation"!   I am very proud of how well they did in school this year.  We have some sorting and organizing to do for next year, but for these first 2 weeks, we are just enjoying a change of pace!  

On the 4th of July, we had fun, roasting hot dogs, and then marshmallows for smores.  That evening we had fun with sparklers and light sticks.   Carla said, it was a "Great Holiday!"  

This past week-end we enjoyed having Glenn and Sherri McGhee here along with Randy and Sherry Rhoton.   On Saturday, we had 28 people from church attend a Children's Ministry Seminar that the Rhoton's did for us.  Everyone was very excited and eager to learn new things.  A very special blessing on this day, was that one young lady who has been attending church off and on for a couple months, accepted Christ as her Savior!!  

On Sunday morning Glenn shared a video of the outreach ministry going on around Tena.  It was a blessing to see how God is using the work there, and it was an encouragement to people here to get involved and reach out to the lost around us.  Randy preached in the Worship service and was a great blessing to our church.  We had 153, in church.  Last week we had 181.  Can't really give you any reason why there is such an up and down.  Seems like there are about 30 people that can't make up their mind if they are coming or going! ;-)  

On the 23rd we will be hosting a group from Oxbow Lake Baptist Church, in White Lake, MI.  They will be here until Aug. 1.  Please be praying with us, as we minister with and to this group.  We are excited to see what God does with and through this group.   

I have been having some slight health issues.  I appreciate your prayers as we work with the doctor here to figure out what is going on, and find the best treatment option.  I had several tests last week, and will be having blood test in the morning, to see if there is an infection involved.  We know that God is in control and we have already seen how he has directed our steps.  Thank you for praying.  

Blessings,
Joy


No comments: