Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!

Wow!  We have had an incredible week-end!

28 men signed up to attend a one-day retreat at a local camp.  24 actually attended!  Tony was thrilled at the turnout.   The theme of the retreat was "Courageous", based on the recent movie.  

While Tony was away yesterday, the kids and I worked on some special Father's Day treats.  We made a batch of Ginger snaps, which they had to give to him as soon as he got home, in hopes that he would share with them! Which of course he did. :-)  They also made cards and letters.  Teddy made his Dad a desktop organizer, from paper tubes and duct tape. ;-)  

This morning the kids and I made breakfast for Tony, and gave him our presents.  Then we all got ready and headed to church.  

We had 146 in the Worship service this morning.  25 Father's stood up to receive their gift.  13 of the men who attended the retreat, went up to the platform to receive a copy of the "Resolution" and to read it aloud with Tony.  After service they brought their families forward to sign the resolution and pray a prayer of dedication.   

That was all really incredible, BUT even more exciting than that, was that 3 precious souls came to know Christ as their Savior this morning.  One of the young men who attended the retreat yesterday, brought his wife up and said, to me, "She wants to accept Christ as her Savior!"  Then one of the men who had gone to the retreat, after signing the resolution, told Tony that he needed to take the first step and accept Christ.  Then after he had accepted Christ, he brought his teen age daughter over and she told Tony, she wanted to accept Christ!!  

This afternoon, we enjoyed a great Father's Day lunch, together.  Tried a new recipe and EVERYONE loved it!   Tony and the kids have been playing a "new" game outside.  I love hearing their laughter through the window.   

We are truly blessed!
Joy

No comments: