Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Dinner Menu

I did a fancy 4 course dinner...It was a lot of fun! 



Course #1- simple green salad served with Italian Herb bread

Course #2- Strawberry gelatin fruit cup

Course #3- Chicken Alfredo

Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's book, Top Secret Restaurant Recipes

1/2 cup butter/margarine
2 cups of evaporated milk
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 12 oz package of fettuccine pasta
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 a chicken breast, cooked and shredded
4 slices of bacon chopped

Put water on to boil for Pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.  Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Add the evaporated milk, garlic powder, and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.  While sauce is simmering, cook the chopped bacon.  When bacon is cooked add shredded chicken breast and saute until chicken is heated through.   Add chicken and bacon to sauce, along with Parmesan cheese.  When ready to serve pour sauce over cooked pasta.  Garnish with a little more Parmesan cheese.  



Course #4- Strawberry Cordial Pie


This recipe comes from the website of a local Knoxville, Tennessee television station.  www.wbir.com

Crust-
1/2 cup margarine-softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups flour

Mix will, and press into a 9 inch pie plate.  Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 400F.  Cool.
(Special note:  Next time I will cut the amount down, as I personally thought the crust was a little bit too thick.)

Filling: 
1 package of Chocolate Chips, (I used 2 cups).
1/2 Cup of milk

Place in a microwave safe mixing bowl, and melt, stirring every minute or so, until smooth.   Pour into crust.  Chill 1 hour or more.  

Top with Sliced strawberries



(Tony was wondering where I put his fork! LOL!!)

No comments: