Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rejoice in the Lord, always!

Paul tells us to "rejoice in the Lord, always, and again I say rejoice!" We are very happy to be back "home" in Manta. God was with us and although there were some delays in our trip, I know that God had it all figured out and his plan and his time is perfect!

Our flight from Atlanta to Miami was delayed, putting us into Miami after our scheduled flight to Ecuador had left...but all that meant was that we got a free night and whole day to rest up in a really nice hotel, compliments of American Airlines! We arrived safely into Guayaquil on Tuesday evening, and all of our luggage arrived with us!!!

We got to Manta, last Wednesday afternoon.

On Saturday the Ladies at church had a special "surprise" Welcome Home/Birthday Party for me. It was very sweet and it was so nice to see all of them. There were over 60 ladies present. It was also very encouraging to see new faces!

Sunday was a great day! There were over 90 in the worship service. It was wonderful to be at our church! Don't get me wrong, I love visiting all of you and each of you have great churches, but there is just something about being back at your own!!! :-)

After the services Sunday, the Leadership Team took us out for lunch. What a great time of fellowship we had with them.

Sunday afternoon, I met with the Women's Ministry Team, and we put into motion plans for some special events for the Ladies. We are planning a "Craft Day" on Nov. 21, and then our special Christmas Event on Dec. 5. Please keep these special days in your prayers. We are asking the Lord to use them to foster fellowship, unity and to give us an opportunity to witness to ladies that would not normally attend church.

So, as you go through this day, remember to "Rejoice in the Lord, always!" :-)

Blessings,
Joy

No comments: