Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Keeping Busy!

We have had some pretty busy days lately.

Getting back into the swing of school last week took some extra effort. It is always hard to get going again after vacation! Teddy is doing very well in school though and we had a good week.

On Friday afternoon, our friends, Joe and Sylvia Wells came over from Santo Domingo. We enjoyed visiting with them through the afternoon and evening. Saturday morning we all went to Porto Viejo for their Building Dedication. That made for a very long day. The service was very nice. Tony preached and did a great job as usual. 11 people besides us went over from our church. Cristobal, Nelly and Joselyn sang a special. There were several churches represented.

Today we had a good service here in Manta. We had 100 in the church service. With several first time visitors. Next Sunday we will have a baptism service and so far there are 3 people planning to be baptized.

We also had sign up sheets today for 2 new Bible Studies starting this coming week. One on Friday evenings at 7:30 and the other on Sunday evenings at 6:00. There are about 13 people signed up for each of those.

Starting this coming Sunday, Tony, Teddy and I will be making the trip to Porto Viejo on Sundays. Please pray for us as we lead this congregation until the Lord sends them a new Pastor. Pray for the work here in Manta too. At this time we will be going over there on Sunday afternoons.

Another special prayer request is for one of the ladies in our church, Barbara Castro. She is in the hospital now and is schedule for surgery on Tuesday.

Pray for Teddy, he seems to be getting sick this afternoon. He is complaining of a head ache and running a temp.

Thank you for your prayers!
Joy

No comments: