Well, it is officially "Fall" in the Anzalone house. You may ask, "How do you know?" Since we live on the equator and there is hardly any seasonal changes that you could notice. Well, I can tell you it "Fall" because we have cooked pumpkin, and baked pumpkin bread...Also had our traditional "Apple Cake", that we only make in the fall! This week, it will be time to get out all the decorations...there are "fake pumpkins" and "fake leaves"...some little scare crows. Yes, Fall has definitely arrived! :-)
Last week was "vacation" time for Teddy, as we had finished the 1st quarter. He even received a report card, and I can tell you that over all he did very well. We are looking forward to getting back at school tomorrow.
Wednesday afternoon, I met again with the 3 leaders of our Ladies Groups. We had a very good meeting, and our plans for this new Bible Study session we have started and for our special "Ladies Day" the end of November are coming along very well. We are excited to see how everything is falling into place. Thank you for your prayers.
Friday we held our first Ladies Bible Studies in this 6 week session. We were thrilled that 23 of the 33 Ladies that had signed up attended. Today we even had a few more let us know that they were interested in coming. On Friday we had 10 ladies in the 3-5 session and 13 in the 7-9 session. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I appreciate so much Tony and Teddy going along and being there to have a "class" for any of the children that show up. It was a long day, but also an encouraging one. I appreciate your prayers, especially for me, on Fridays, that I would be well rested and have the energy needed to complete this task. I know that many were praying for me this last Friday, as Spanish is always a challenge for me, but even more so when I am tired, and I was concerned that I would have a hard time in the 7-9 session, but God was so good, and I have to say that the 2nd class seemed to go even smoother than the first!
We had 95 in church this morning. The church continues to grow and we continue to have 1st time visitors. It was thrilling this morning, to be able to let people know that we had received Bibles this week, that we could give away! One of the ladies that has been attending now for awhile, but who I don't think has accepted Christ yet, asked me today, if she could have a Bible! Please keep Monica in your prayers.
Thank you for your prayers for the ministry here in Manta! Thank you for your prayers for our family. God has been so good to us!
God bless you as you serve Him this week!
Joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment