Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Monday, September 15, 2008

Lord, keep my eyes on you!

Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands: Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious. (Psalm 66:1)

In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. (Psalm 71:1)

He that dwelleth in the secret in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
(Psalm 91:1 & 2)

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High. (Psalm 92:1)

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us,and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. (Psalm 100)

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. (Psalm 103:1)

As I start this week, I pray that my eyes will remained focused on the Lord. That I will glorify Him with every word that I say and every action that I take. That my steps will be ordered by him. That today, it will not be "me" but Christ in me that others see.

God has been so good to us. Yesterday was another attendance high for our church here in Manta. We had 116 in the preaching service! Tony was able to talk with one lady about salvation. We aren't sure if she accepted Christ, but the seed has been planted and watered. Another gentleman, stayed around after church to speak to Tony too. He wanted to talk to Tony about baptism. He said, "I was baptized in another church, but I don't think it counts, because I didn't know what I was doing. I was there and they get in the water and be baptized, so I did what they said, but I wasn't really baptized, I just got wet!"

We had "sign-up" sheets available for the new Ladies Bible Study session, that will start Oct. 3. 13 Ladies have already signed up! Pray for Tony and I as we prepare the material for this study. This is the first time, we will be writing our own material.

Yesterday we divided the younger children's class, for the church hour. What a blessing to have the workers to do this, and also to see how much better it worked out for everyone. Teddy was even excited about the new class!

I will be meeting with our Ladies Ministry group leaders this week. Please pray for us as we work on continued plans for the new Bible Study sessions, the Ladies Day in November, and other areas of ministry for the Ladies.

Pray with Tony as he meets with men this week. Some for the building, some for leadership roles, some for discipleship.

Please pray for me as I work with Teddy each morning. Also as I meet with different ladies, in mentoring roles.

God bless you as you follow and serve him this week!
Love, Joy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy -
Was looking for info on our missionaries for our church kids when I discovered your blog. I teach our Wednesday evening elementary kids - Calvary Baptist Church - Uniontown, PA. Enjoyed having "tea" with you. I'll stop back again soon. Johnell