Welcome

I would love to invite you into my home to have a cup of tea with me. We could sit in my sunny kitchen and talk about all the things that are going on in our lives. I could share with you the news I hear from my grown daughters. How my grandkids are growing. We could laugh together over the funny things that they have said. It would be fun to share the ins and outs of our family life, and talk about our latest creative projects. We could share what God has been teaching us, in our personal lives, and encourage each other on this walk of faith. We could pray together, laugh together, and even cry together. Since most of us will never be able to sit down together face to face, I would like to invite you to join me here. So come on in and have a cup of tea with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Joy

Joy

About Me

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Hi, I'm Joy! I'm the creator behind Memory Mosaic. I believe every life is a beautiful mosaic, built from moments both ordinary and extraordinary. Thanks for stopping by—I hope you'll find inspiration here to celebrate, preserve, and share your own stories.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Family news

We have had some major events happen in our family over the last week... Last Thursday, Teddy turned 5 years old! He had a big day, complete with a "Superman cake" and decorations. His favorite present was a box of "superhero stuff"! He also received a new bike.

Thursday afternoon and evening we had visitors fly in to see us. Cliff McGhee, missionary in Quito, came down and spent a couple nights with us. Tony was able to take him around to see property possibilities and get some more counsel on property and building options for our church. Also two very dear friends of mine came down and spent the whole Easter week-end with us. It was such a blessing to be able to visit and fellowship with everyone.

Sunday after church we had a big gathering for Easter Dinner here at our house. We invited Chris and Lois Tignor and their family to join us from Portoviejo. We had a great time of fellowship and great food too! The highlight for the children of course was the Easter Egg hunt after dinner! I don't think the adults could decide if the chocolate peanut butter eggs were the best, or the lemon cheesecake! :-)

Well, I have saved the biggest news for last... On Friday morning, our daughter Mandie and her husband Mike called us from Korea. They had just returned from their Mission trip to the Philippines. They had some very exciting news for us... Tony and I are going to be GRANDPARENTS! The baby is due early in December. We appreciate you prayers for them, for Mandie's health and for the baby. Also please be praying with us that the Lord would open the doors and provide a way for us to be able to go and be with them when the baby is born. Sometimes things seem impossible from a human standpoint, but we know that our God is the creator of the universe and there is NOTHING impossible for Him!

I pray God blesses you richly as you serve him this week!
Love, Joy

No comments: